hotmail spam block

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

hotmail spam block

Post by frhrwa »

in hotmail, they have "rule" settings that you can put in an email address and send it to the trash.. you can also put in the @usinternet.com for example.. does anyone know if you can just put in the @.info 95% of my spam is from some dildo with .info at the end.. but, shit loads of letters and number in between.. get tired of typing all that crap and they just move the alphabet one letter or number and send more.. @*.info would be great! that would eliminate ALL .info emails..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
Robert Reed

Re: hotmail spam block

Post by Robert Reed »

With my mail system, I can just label the spam site as junk and it automatically trashes that sender when it comes through based on its URL. Trouble is They change theirs every couple of days so my system thinks its legit. Once you pass fifty, you are besieged with sexual enhancement drugs making up about 60% of spams received. But the junk system does take care of 80% of that. Only the new URLs come thru. I must get about 40 spams a day - 30 of them are immediately trashed, but it is still annoying as hell for the rest of them. Last year when I returned home from 4 weeks vacation, I had 700 spams to sort out ---ARGG!!!!
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

It is too bad we have to resort to blocking wide areas of domains.

Not of help, perhaps interesting; I have a .info domain. I'm not a business or a college, so .com and .edu didn't seem appropriate, so went with .info. For a couple years about 8 years ago, I was getting flooded with spam, 80% of it came from hotmail addresses, so I blocked everything from hotmail. I only corresponded with one hotmail user, had him send to my operamail address.

Before Microsoft bought hotmail, I had a hotmail account. I stayed with it while Microsoft worked out the bugs of converting from a mix of Windows and Linux servers to pure Windows. Was okay for months, then there was a problem that wouldn't go away. Hotmail would tell me to turn on cookies in my browser when cookies were on. Cure was to turn cookies off, exit IE and turn cookies on again. A month of that and I quit using hotmail and started with operamail for my alternate address to .info

If they could catch spammers, I'd be in favor of capital punishment for third conviction. THAT might slow them down!

Cheers,
Dale Y
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

I don't think it should be a third offense, cut their damn fingers off the first time, up to the elbows the second time, and turn them into glue the third time~!~~ HACKERS are totally worthless, they do nothing for humanity, they destroy what isn't theres, they think its funny... I'd show them what I think is funny.. too bad they are like ragheads.. hiding behind their BS... just goes to show you they all have that bright band of yellow running down their back.
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!