PICAXE to PIC16F8XX code

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
cnc002

PICAXE to PIC16F8XX code

Post by cnc002 »

I know this may seem to be a totally dumb question however, here goes:
I am using a PIC16F887 uC in a project which requires the I/O and at the request of the person for whom I am doing the work. I want to use a bit of code that is for a PICAXE-20M processor. I have the basic code for the PICAXE and I use PicBasic Pro for my compiler. What I am not sure of is if the basic code for the PICAXE will properly compile when I select the PIC16F887 uC in PicBasic Pro. If anyone knows please let me know asap. Your help will be appreciated. Oh, I have never worked with the PICAXE products and that is one reason I am not really sure about this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rick
cnc002

Re: PICAXE to PIC16F8XX code

Post by cnc002 »

Well, it seems my question was somewhat dumb. I took the time to do a little research on the PICAXE and realized its raw programming is done in Basic with its own set of instructions so to answer my own question NO the code will not compile to the PIC16F887 via PicBasic Pro.

Thanks to those that took a look at least and I am sure I will be back on here soon, hopefully with a more intelligent question.

Rick
Lenp

Re: PICAXE to PIC16F8XX code

Post by Lenp »

Revolution Education does have a PIC burner, BAS800, that will burn a standard PIC chip from PicAxe basic code. You use their free program editor and I'm not sure what chips are supported.

Look here.http://www.techsupplies.co.uk/epages/St ... cts/BAS800
Len

“To invent, you need a good imagination and a big pile of junk.” (T. Edison)
"I must be on the way to success since I already have the junk". (Me)