"Error code is 2330"

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
sobeit

"Error code is 2330"

Post by sobeit »

Hey guys I'm back for more help. Just to let you know first, all of you guys, (& gals) have really taught me a lot through this forum, I would like to say thanks and very appreciated.
Now to my situation, I'm working on an HP PC and replaced a new mother board which is compatible for the tower, and it's a foxxcon MB with the Fox one driver & utilities program. Everything went well, installed Windows XP SP3 for the OS, loaded in all the drivers, even was able to get onto the internet my first try. Now getting onto the internet, went to download a Virus Protector, everything was going fine till the final end of the download, an error message pops up, "Not able to finish download, there is an error. Error code is 2330". I tried 3 times to download it thinking maybe or hopefully it was reading wrong but as it turned out I searched for issues for the 2330 and read that it could be my firewall was blocking....unblock the firewall still get the message and another code something along the line-00c06700?? not exact but close, (Not remembering, I'm at work and the #'s are at home), so with that I checked that code and along my findings a forum says there is something wrong in my Registry. Okay new MB, New OS installed and already the Registry is screwed up. Then it says, "Find the "subkey" in the registry and delete it out". Ok, I tried finding it as it tells me to Run, Type in Regedit ?? and click on the + keys and find "subkey".
Don't know if any of you gone through clicking on all the + keys to open all these folder trying to find "subkey", but stupid me taking 5 or more hours last night doing this. couldn't find "subkey" in any of these:HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, HKEY_USERS, HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG, instead of just going to Edit, Find, then Search. But even that wasn't able to find it.
Help me get this error out and be able to download a Virus Protector.
Thanks,
Tony
reloadron

Re: "Error code is 2330"

Post by reloadron »

Before deleting any registry keys I would start by running chkdsk from within windows. This should help get you going. You don't mention the AV program you were trying to download?

Ron