Google instant

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
ringo47stars

Google instant

Post by ringo47stars »

The article in the news about Googles instant now reminded me of the Brewster Rocket comic in the news a while back. To quote from the article "The achievement wasn't lost on Google co-founder Sergey Brin, who jokingly told reporters that the company's lightning-quick computers are morphing into the "other third" of people's brains." Then you could change the comic to say you had a system failure and lost your memory of the morphing into a 2/3's human and 1/3 robot. Have fun to see what you could change it to maybe. Article and comic
haklesup

Re: Google instant

Post by haklesup »

Perhaps Sergey Brin thinks he will be the father of the singularity

If the internet were a mind full of memories, search engines form a sort of primitive consciousness we can interact with, ask questions and get answers. A natural progression leads to an entity we can have a conversation with and it will teach us the answers we actually seek. Eventually it will be capable of giving an opinion without a preceding question. Larry Ellison my yet have his Oracle.

Whats to stop this entity from demanding an income, maintaining a bank account and using that to hire contract manufacturers to produce whatever it wanted (of course that would be hyper intelligent robots AKA Androids)

On a lighter side, I heard Google Instant was supposed to obsolete SEO but I Haven't seen details about how.