another xp question... sorry ......

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
dacflyer

another xp question... sorry ......

Post by dacflyer »

actually 2 questions now that i think of it.

1- how do i set any folder to open full size ? every folder etc i open i have to make it stretch to fit screen. ( not full screen just normal )

2nd, is there a way to make it so that all stuff in folder shows as icons and not thumbnails..

thanx
ltx71cm

Re: another xp question... sorry ......

Post by ltx71cm »

From within the window right click (not on an icon/folder/item) and select "View As" then select your preference: Icon, List, Thumbnails, Filmstrip
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i have done that, but i have to do it for every folder i open.. is there a way to set them all to do it automatically ?

oh. who let the spam in..lol :P
ltx71cm

Post by ltx71cm »

Open a folder and set it up exactly how you want it (Sort By, View As, etc.) then on the menu bar click "Tools" then "Folder Options...", once opened click the "View" Tab then click the "Apply To All Folders" button. Now all you have to do is click "OK" at the bottom.
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

ltx71cm, that works for me too, but.. I used to be able to set individual folders to do it their way, like "pictures" always opened with large thumbnails.. and "documents" always opened with details.. now its one way or the other, not individual settings.. and as far as size, its a gamble, one time you have to enlarge, the next its ok.. changes its other mind like most women.. I think its a Microsoft thing to screw up your computer!..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
ltx71cm

Post by ltx71cm »

frhrwa you shouldn't have trouble fixing that. Do as I mention above
ltx71cm wrote:on the menu bar click "Tools" then "Folder Options...", once opened click the "View" Tab
then make sure the box next to "Remember each folder's view settings" is checked and then click "OK" or "Apply".
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

it worked , thanks a bunch :D
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

:O well i thought it worked, but it didn't , it dies remember that i selected ICON view, but each time i open a folder or click to select a drive, it still opens as a reduced size window,and i wanted a full window ( not full screen , just normal full ) :x
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

I'm using Win7 now, and when i set the Documents to open as "DETAILS", thats the way I want it.. but I open my pictures, and, they are details.. I select large thumbnails, and it changes my documents too.. pisses me off that one thing controls everything.. tried the tools bar, but nothing will leave my folders the way I want them.. and half the time when I open folders, they come up shrunk, so I have to hit the full view square.. never stays like I set it.. Win7 is nice, but has quirks like the rest of MS programs.. wait till you have to do something in the new Office program.. WORD is a monster, you have to search for everything that used to be at your fingertips.. like "undo".. its a real pain..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
dacflyer

Post by dacflyer »

i sure miss win98
i still have 1 machine that has 98se. its been very stable, but it will not work with some programs..