Best Buy

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Best Buy

Post by frhrwa »

I bought my replacement computer last year right after the lightning hit my house in August, so I guess it was September.. anyway, bought the Kaspersky Anti-Virus with a year subscription from Best Buy.. got an email a month ago saying it was expiring and they were going to auto renew and bill my credit card.. so, I called and said no, I do not do the auto charges to my credit card, call, email, or write me and I'll re-new.. but, my subscription wouldn't be up till at least September.. they turned off my Kaspersky somehow, it expired on the computer.. I guess they input the dates of service, and shortened mine to 6 months.. probably because I won't let them auto-bill.. I called and they really don't want to discuss anything with me, just said "you stopped your automatic credit card billing".. I said yes.. they basically said good-bye.. anyone else have problems with Best Buy? Kaspersky said I had to deal with Best Buy, so I'm out the 6 months, but Best Buy is out one customer..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
MrAl

Re: Best Buy

Post by MrAl »

Hi,

Did you buy online or at the store? If you bought at the store you could go there and talk to the manager.
There should be someone you can contact there in email, but i find some companies dont take email
seriously enough.
LEDs vs Bulbs, LEDs are winning.
psycho

Post by psycho »

I am with MrAl on this. I would march into best buy (with receipt) and get ahold of the manager. I would bet he/she will help you out with this.

Let us know what happens!
Kevin
SETEC_Astronomy

Post by SETEC_Astronomy »

Some googleing turned up this possibly helpful option "Call 888-Best-Buy and ask for Software Subscription Services".

Don't you love how free trials continue after the evaluation period for your convenience..... Linux is wonderful.

I hope I can sway you to switch to a free alternative to McAfee, Norton and Kaspersky. First recommendation would be Microsoft Security Essentials followed by AVG free, Avast or even Clamwin.
frhrwa
Location: Eastern Washington (state) and N. Las Vegas (winter)

Post by frhrwa »

I went ahead and bought another copy, direct from Kaspersky.. Internet security 2010 for 3 users.. and I do use the MicroSoft Security Essentials.. good program.. thanks everyone..
JESUS”…… don’t leave EARTH without HIM!
haklesup

Post by haklesup »

Many ISPs provide free copies of virus protection to their active customers. Make sure you're not buying something you already have for free. Check your ISP's support pages or call them and ask. If you have a reciept or document stating you should recieve 1 year of service and you did not, you can eventually force best buy to give that to you but you'll probably have to demand it in person. You may even be due a refund if you did not recieve the services you paid for. That would warrant a BBB complaint which generally do get answered by larger consumer oriented businesses like BestBoy. Keep in mind Kaspersky is the product manufacturer but BestBoy is the vendor you paid and is responsible for the products they sell.