laptop wireless adapter

Electronics Computer Programming Q&A
danbob

laptop wireless adapter

Post by danbob »

I have a compac 1700 with xp. I got a belkin pre-n adapter and installed the software. I went to the library and it worked fine. then about a year later I installed a cisco wireless system in my house and used a linsky usb receiver on the wife's computer and all was good. I then tried to use my belkin and I could not get it to connect to the system. I then removed the software from the laptop with the belkin removal software and reinstalled the soft ware. I still could not connect so I removed the soft ware again but this time I used the remove/ add in the control panel. then I tried to reinstall the soft ware. When it said to install the adapter the computer froze up. Now if I install the adapter at any time the computer locks up. I called Belkin and they basically told me to eat something stinky and die. Any help would be appreciated. Dan
haklesup

Re: laptop wireless adapter

Post by haklesup »

I don't suppose you have a saved a restore point from before it all went in the toilet. If you do I would just try a windows restore.

Try disabling any other internet related software like firewalls and other networking drivers before reinstalling. YOu may also have a broken belkin.