It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Welcome to Ask Mr. Roboto
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Here is a Free preview of the Column by Dennis Clark from the October 2011 issue: Ask Mr. Roboto 201110.PDF

Post subject: Re: Welcome to Ask Mr. Roboto
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:26 pm 

:smile: Hello Mr Roboto, I use to subscrib to Servo and Nuts & Volts, until things got a little tight, so I drop Servo and went with Nuts & Volts. Going to start back with Servo soon. Just for your info, I am a 59 old,45 yrs mult task tech., disabled. I have about 6 computers that I built ground up for my use. I also work on big CNC welders/Plasma cutter for some 10 yrs, 10 yrs with real true blue helicopter simulation, flighting real helicopters and company planes,and hung out with NASA guys sence 10 yrs old( People like Dr Winner Von Bron).Re built mad dad's lawnmower when I was 10 and every bodies motorcycle by 13. So when it come to Robotics I am not a beginner but am because my experience with them, but never had the chance to dig in and learn the details of how the things work. In short I am a fast learner Determine to do the impossable when needed. OK enought of that.
**I am in need of a robot that can carry a load of 400 lbs. Be able to move from 0 to 20 mph.using stepping motor control. I want it to be four wheel driven, must be electric because it will be used in a building and out side on uneven ground. Can be control at the plateform or remote. My first though is learn how the motor pulls the wheels and how to the wheel drive system works (learning how to put a wheel drive together that will be used to stear the robot and pull it along with the back wheels) and build up from there. In short how does stear it and and pull it at the same time.where do I get the info to explain how and what I need to build this part of my robot.
** Why, I want to build my own design robotic plateform to carry loads off a truck to my workshop to repair. An Extra needed income.
**What I am asking is can you guys give me some information as to where to get the information needed to learn and study how the front wheel drive sys works, so I Can get to building. My way is to start simple and build up, you make less misstake that way. It there any material already in print with plenty of picture that either Servo or Nuts and bolts has available.
**If you help me, and set me in the right direction, all I can say thank you, but I will gladly let Servo put it in there Mag. for show.
**God Bless DC,

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:33 am 

Mr. Roboto- Can you suggest a DC motor controller that would take the servo output from a Futaba 4YF FHSS R/C receiver and drive two 12 VDC motors in a robot.
It's a 4-channel receiver, and I'm looking for Fwd, rev, left and right control. Proportional control would be nice, but on/off motor control is all that's required. The 2 motors would be used for steering, as well as drive.
TIA!
John

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:52 am 

Is Mr. Roboto retired?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]