Seeking sensor designs

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
unimogster

Seeking sensor designs

Post by unimogster »

VIDEOptions is currently seeking an engineer (students and non-degreed individuals encouraged to apply) to design a sensor platform for our newest robotics platform. We need someone who has a lot of creativity, but can design a reliable sensor. We seek a wave propogation/interference sensor, similar to magnetic fields on metal detectors, where the antenna is fixed but the emitter moves, allowing limited object sensing over a large area. Think the principles of RADAR or SONAR. Interested, capable parties only please. You will be asked to verify any ideas with at least some hard theory, no "unobtainium" components. Schematics and electronics to be provided initially by designer, we sign a non-disclosure and payment agreement before any work is done. Contact [email protected] Seeking fresh ideas.
Christopher Wagers
HRE
[email protected]
unimogster

Re: Seeking sensor designs

Post by unimogster »

Wow, more than 10 days and still no response. Does anyone but me visit this board? This is an offer to give people money for their good ideas, and no takers.
Christopher Wagers
HRE
[email protected]
dyarker

Post by dyarker »

I check every new thread, every new post in threads I find interesting.<p>The kind of person you're looking for more likely reads Circuit Cellar Ink, hangs out at CircuitCellar forum (I read both, N&V and CCI are sufficiently different there's not much competition, so I think it's okay to mention here.) In fact, it sounds like VIDEOptions should subscribe to at least one copy of CCI.<p>(Sounds interesting, but my contract prohibits moonlighting.)<p>Cheers,
Dale Y
LucidGuppy

Post by LucidGuppy »

Are we talking about a limited "room" version of LORAN ? LORAN has several transmitters located accross the coasts and your antenna on your boat...its used for navigation. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what your looking for.<p>Thanks
Why don't you give yourself a nice big round of applause!
unimogster

Post by unimogster »

I think what LORAN does is the opposite of what I need. I am looking at several antennae, on moving, separate platforms, being used to triangulate and verify one object. This is similar to what is done to track non-GPS phones using the cell towers for triangulation. My application is using a target that does not radiate and several penetrating sensors, similar to SONAR, so similar to 4 or 5 boats using sonar to locate and track one submarine, without ever actually being directly above it. It sounds like you have the right idea though.
Christopher Wagers
HRE
[email protected]
ad5mb

Post by ad5mb »

I Can't quite get a fix on what you're doing. The target is passive and fixed, the sensors are active and mobile? The target is confined within a certain area, the sensors can range freely throughout this area?<p>If this is the case, you need to measure the delay from each sensor, and the bearing to the target, and send this to a computer which is aware of the location of all the sensors, and calculate the location from this information.<p>What medium is the target in - air, water? How big is the search area?
unimogster

Post by unimogster »

Ah, someone who has the idea. Target is passive and fixed, sensors are mobile and active, area of detection from one sensor is no more than 10 feet, minimum 3 sensors platforms (mobile sensor carriers) for triangulation. Platforms know their GPS position to less than 10cm. Medium is ice. Search area could span miles over the course of time, as each positive is identified, it is mapped and the platforms perform search patterns over a wide area. BTW, you are the first to even grasp the real concept, or reply with interest.
Christopher Wagers
HRE
[email protected]