Laptop LCD and OOpic R

Interested in Robotics? Here's the place to be.
perlman

Laptop LCD and OOpic R

Post by perlman »

I have a bunch of old ibm thinkpad laptops all but one are color. Does anyone know if it is possible to use an old laptop lcd panel on an oopic r lcd port? or is there a way I can build a board to interface laptop lcds to the oopic board?
Mike

Re: Laptop LCD and OOpic R

Post by Mike »

Well, first, I don't exactly know what a oopic is, but since it has "pic" in it i assume it is a variation of a PIC controller. Either way, I have an old Thinkpad with a nice 12.5 inch screen and wanted to convert it to a screen with composite (for a DVD player) input. The simple answer is no...sorry.<p>The long answer is that LCDs are all different and follow no "standard." This means that most LCDs require a different controller card to operate, and these cards are usually built into the motherboard. Yes, if you really wanted to, you could buy these cards seperate, but they aren't cheap at all.<p>If you want to know more about it, read the post I started at www.diyaudio.com in the video section below:<p>http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthre ... to=newpost
chessman

Post by chessman »

Theoretically, you should be able to make your own controller card on some displays, but that'd just be a stupid thing to try to do ;)
perlman

Post by perlman »

thanks for the input by the way this is what anOOpic is .