Arduino help

This forum is a continuation of the printed column "Q&A", where I answer questions about all aspects of electronics, including computer hardware, software, circuits, electronic theory, troubleshooting, and anything else of interest to the hobbyist. Feel free to participate with your questions, comments or suggestions on answers printed in the magazine. Send all NEW questions to: [email protected]
vankootenj

Arduino help

Post by vankootenj » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:19 am

I am trying to build a circuit to monitor a large round hay baler. This will monitor a push button switch when it closes I want it to Light a LED and sound a buzzer for a set amount of time then turn it off until the switch closes again. I would also like to have it count the number of bales made using a second switch possibly a magnetic or tilt switch on the door . it will also need a 3 digit display to show the count. can this all be done with one Arduino Uno? I'm just learning and this coding is still to complex for me so help writing the code would be helpful for me.

frank_fg

Re: Arduino help

Post by frank_fg » Thu May 01, 2014 11:49 am

:smile:

Hi!

you need to learn the basic first.

Get the book getting started with Ardunio and do the exercises.

Thanks

helper

dacflyer

Re: Arduino help

Post by dacflyer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:36 am

if your just wanting to count how many bails made, you probably do not need an arduino.
you most likely can use a digital counter with a switch configuration of your choosing, and also have a buzzer connected to it also..i think the arduino would be over kill for what you want.