Smiley hardware and books European distributor ?

This forum is dedicated to the author Joe Pardue as he teaches you about AVR C Programming in his workshop series.

Moderator: joepardue

Bonepyro

Smiley hardware and books European distributor ?

Post by Bonepyro » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:27 am

I am looking to follow the Arduino articles you have published, and the new Classroom series that is about to start, but the hardware price is a killer. Well more specifically the shipping price.

I was looking to get the Proto shield and the C programming book you have published (with the Atmel butterfly) but the shipping cost to the UK is going to be $25, which makes this a crazy purchase.
The N&V web store shipping is even more crazy (@ $90)

Do you have any European distributors?

cae2100

Re: Smiley hardware and books European distributor ?

Post by cae2100 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:41 pm

I would try ebay, look up iduino and the protoshield, you can get for around $4-5 at most, iduino is usually around $15. Most of the sellers have free shipping to US, UK, and other countries. That's where I would try to look.

joepardue

Re: Smiley hardware and books European distributor ?

Post by joepardue » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Sorry about the delay in getting to this.

I don't have a European distributor. And yes the shipping is crazy. I hope in about a year that there will be enough interest in this classroom concept that I can get a European distributor, but in the interim I'd just recommend that you get the bits and pieces as locally as you can. Really all you need is an Arduino, a breadboard, jumper wires, and some common components like are shown in the product web page. Of course I don't get any recompense, but hey maybe someday I will have a European source and then you can buy something? Anyway have fun with it.

Joe